Heavy meals, pulses like channa, urad, moth and rajma, pickles and spices, fried, fatty, starchy & sugar containing food, soft drinks ,tea, coffee, cocoa, white flour, tinned fruit, refined cereals, non-veg, hot milk, raw fruit like mango, banana, late meals & gas forming foods. Avoid eating while talking, reading or watching TV.
Asana such as a pavanmukt, paschimottan, bhujang asana, mool & uddyan bandh and last ujjai pranayam. I am focusing here on pawanmukt asana, spine twist, moolbandh and ujjai pranayam.
This is one of the best asana for freedom from gas. By the regular practice of this any kind of gastrological problem can be solved.
Lie down on the back comfortably, fold one leg at the knee, bring the knee to the chest, interlock your fingers around the knees and push gently towards chest. Head and spine are straight, Hold it for a while with normal breath and then relax. Do the same with another leg. Do t it alternately 20 times. Do also with both legs 10 times.
Immediate after practicing pawanmukta, spine twisting can be give good result. It gives the better movement of lower back side which is also responsible of intestinal inactivity.
Lie on the back with legs together. Fold both legs at the knee, spread out both hands to both side of the shoulders. Now turn both legs right side and head left side, both legs left side and head right side. Practice this for 10 to 20 times. Avoid this during slip disc.
Sit straight in any comfortable meditative pose or on the chair, keep the palm of the hands on the knees, eyes closed, now contract muscles of the pelvic region and hold the contraction, do not hold the breath. Repeat the exercises 10 times with maximum contraction and total relaxation.
Step2: In the step of 2 contract region of perineal/veginal for 10 to 20 second at a stretch with normal breath. Do this for 10 times. This exercise helps to reduce constipation, urinal problems and even headache also.
Note: In these above exercises may not need under supervision of yoga guru.
It can also be done by holding breath inside or outside but it should be only done under the supervision of an expert guru.
Checkpoint: Should not be done in case of bleeding in the rectum.
Focus: Relieves constipation, piles, depression. Coordination between brain and abdominal area Improves. It also controls sexual disorders and help to relieve sexual frustration, suppression of sexual energy and feeling of sexual guilt. Good for celibacy.
If it is done regularly and correctly then any mental fluctuation can be cured. It is the same exercise which children do in their natural routine. Sit in any comfortable pose with spine straight.
- Inhale and exhale deeply, slowly, and it should be in a proper rhythm, through the mouth.
- On the exhales, begin to tone the back of the throat, slightly constricting the passage of air. Imagine that you are fogging up a pair of glasses.
- Once you are comfortable with the exhale, begin to apply the same toning of the throat to the inhales. This is where the name of the breath comes from: it sounds like the ocean. (It also sounds like Darth Vadar.)
- When you are able to control the throat on both the inhale and the exhale, close the mouth and begin breathing through the nose. Continue applying the same toning to the throat that you did when the mouth was open. The breath will still make a loud noise coming in and out of the nose. This is Ujjayi breath.
- Now start to use this breath during your practice. If the teacher tells you to move on an inhale, make it an Ujjayi inhale. If you need a little something extra while holding a pose, remember this breath.
- Another way to think about Ujjayi Breath is to visualize your throat as a garden hose, with the breath passing through like a trickle of water. If you put your thumb partially over the opening of the hose, you increase the power of the water that is coming through. This is the same thing you are doing with your throat during Ujjayi breathing. The air that comes in through your constricted throat is a powerful, directed breath that you can send into the parts of your body that need it during yoga.
Note; Before practicing these asana and pranayama, should be done under expert